Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2022

Tell Your Heart

It's almost time. Just finishing up some last-minute packing before I get a bit of shut-eye and then wake up to start the next chapter of life.

I used to love packing for trips. Lately, though, packing is bringing up more than just physical baggage. I'll be honest; this week I had a really hard time facing my suitcase again. The last time I brought it out I had been so excited. The last time I put it away, that excitement had turned into bitter disappointment. I should have been excited about this upcoming trip, but the sad ending of the last one was all I could think of as I slowly filled the suitcase up this week.

On Thursday night I sat at the table trying to work on some particularly dry ATP test questions. I just couldn't focus, as my mind kept running through the same thoughts over and over. But, like an impression here, a verse there, that God has been almost daily sprinkling across my path that last few weeks, the title of a song I'd heard before by Danny Gokey surfaced in my mind. I found it online and started to play it. My eyes misted up and more.

Tell your heart to beat again
Close your eyes and breathe it in
Let the shadows fall away
Step into the light of grace
Yesterday's a closing door
You don't live there anymore
Say goodbye to where you've been
And tell your heart to beat again

A few posts back I wrote about belief vs. trust. I've been experiencing that conflict for real lately, and now it's time for the rubber to meet the road. I believe God can do amazing things. It's time to trust Him to do them now. And that means looking forward. Choosing the joy that God still has in store.

The song really says it all. I'm ready to do that.


No comments:

Post a Comment